Saturday, February 11, 2006

Blackberry is finished!

I actually finished it almost a week ago, but just haven't had time to write about it.



I finished casting off on the train to a friend's house, and got to wear it on my visit! I looooooooooooooooooooove the sleeves. The sleeves were the reason why I wanted to make it - they are just perfect. I'm already planning other cardies based around the sleeves!

I decided to make the ribbing the same length as the cuff - 16 rows. I knitted it up to 25 rows, but it looked wrong so I frogged it back to 16. It does fit a little strangely around the front, but I think that's mainly due to the pieces being too small. I have had no 'pouch' problem, partly because I used a special stretchy cast off method (knit 2 stiches, then place them back on the left needle and k2g 1 stitch left on right needle. Knit 1 stich (2 stiches now in right needle), put them back on the left needle and k2g; repeat), and also because I used size 15US needles, rather than the 11US I'd knit the rest on.

It is loverly and warm too!



So, some 'stats':
Needles: Denise 11US (Denise 15US for casting off)
Yarn: 'James C. Brett Top Value', 100% acrylic; less than 5 100g balls, holding 2 strands together (I'm so glad I didn't buy 12 balls of it!).

And I like these two pics, even though they came out crappy, as they look kinda Victorian:



Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Figg said...

It's absolutely lovely!

9:22 pm  
Blogger TheKnittingBee said...

Thank you :)

7:07 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home