Saturday, November 12, 2005

Oops, I accidentally started Blackberry

Gosh, how did that happen? ;)

This is half of the back, and no, I didn't spill my stationery box, those are stitch markers :P

I swatched with the required 13US needles, and got the gauge pretty much dead on. I decided to see what it would look like with 11US (sadly there's no 12), but went with the 13s. I cast on the required stitches, knitted (well, purled) the first row, and suddenly it was about 7 inches too long! Yikes!

So I started again, with the 11s, and also decided to start with an extra knit row, to keep the stitches together. This time it measured the correct distance, so I carried on. However, by the time I was up to shaping the armholes, my work was both too short and too narrow. I decided to repeat the increasing section again, thereby adding another 8 rows, but I had to add an extra 4 stitches, rather than 2.

So at the moment I have made the lower half of the back, but had to add an extra 9 rows and 4 stitches in total. Hopefully this won't cause too much of a problem later :-/

And in case I need them here are some links:



Post a Comment

<< Home