Tuesday, September 06, 2005

It's all gone pear-shaped

For future reference my body measurements (measured by moi over clothes) are:

Fullest part of bust: 33"
Waist: 28.5"
Hips: 37"

I've always been an apple shape - guess I'm now an appley pear or a peary apple!

Anyway, it looks like I certainly need to make the smallest size availble for Tempting - size small is a 32" bust. I've done a 3" long gague swatch (which I haven't cast off). I'm getting 19 stitches to 4" mainly, sometimes 18. I think I got tighter as I knitted on.

But the good thing about going out with a mathematician is that he can calculate your gauge for you. So apparently I can either cast on 152 stitches instead of the required 144, and then I'll be making exactly the right size. Or if I stick to the pattern it'll probably be 1.5" smaller. My row gauge is also 1 row off I think, but row gauge isn't an issue in this pattern. I think I'm going to go with the pattern as written, rather than try and adjust it. From what I can make out it is a 144 stitch long tube from the waist to the bust. So if I knit 5 inches I can try it around my bust and check it doesn't stretch too much - if it does then I can unravel it and try 152 stitches.

And yes. I know I should really be finishing Sonnet :P

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home