Tuesday, August 30, 2005

I just couldn't help myself...

I had a stressful day at work, and did intend to do some packing when I got home. I kinda ended up knitting instead... and it wasn't even my Sonnet sleeves!

I decided to follow this pattern to knit a baby gnome! It took me 4 hours from start to finish.

When I was halfway through I mentioned to Mr Bee on the phone that I was knitting a gnome, my mum overheard and said she wanted one. So I gave it to her but I do have to say I don't think she's very impressed. She says it's a clown and she wants me to sew a face onto it. To be honest I think it will look scary with a face!

I was able to use up 2 of my tiny balls of wool that I had when I unravelled everything I knitted [crappily] as a kid, so it was good to put them to a fun use.

And here we have a picture of the cute little thing (before it gets a scary face). Unfortunately the pictures really don't do it justice, and the angle I used makes the hat look a little odd. I switched colours after the brim, and used the colour change to make a little pattern - but in the pics it just looks a little like a mistake! But I can assure you he's very well co-ordinated in the flesh ;)

A picture of my baby gnome

Now for some reason the colour is a little screwed... The body is coming across as orange, when in fact it was pink. I did use orange scraps of fabric for the stuffing in the body, so maybe that's what the camera is picking up on.

Another gnomey picture

Here it is against a different background - not much difference, I just couldn't decide which picture to use :P



Post a Comment

<< Home