Sunday, August 28, 2005

My first completed project - The Cosy Web

I now have pictures of my first creation :) I've been wearing it this weekend when it's been getting chilly, and it's so cosy! Even though the gauge is so loose and weblike, it still traps lots of air.

And here are some pictures...

Picture of my jumper 'Cosy Web'

I think the sleeves are tapered primarily because my casting off (the top of the sleeve) is tighter than my casting on (the lower edge). It is a baggy fit - my body is hidden somewhere under there!

The gauge (if I'm using the phrase in the correct way) is very loose and holey, which isn't quite coming over in the pictures. What appears to be white glare eminating from my chest is actually the white design on my black t-shirt that you can see through the fabric.

Another picture of my jumper 'Cosy Web'

And with this picture you can see that it can even pass as a dress! Although baggy it can still hug the figure.

I'm very proud of my first - self-designed! - knitted garment. I've named it the Cosy Web, as it is so cosy, and it's weblike (rather self-explanatory, huh?).

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger TheKnittingBee said...

Thank you! I'm glad it turned out OK myself ;)

11:43 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home