Sunday, December 18, 2005

Creating things with other types of needles!

We've just come back from seeing The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, The Witch, and The Wardrobe. I LOVE Susan's green dress - I just have to make it! :) You can see a picture here. It would go beautifully with the green knitted shoes I'm planning to make. I also liked her cloak - and during a close-up I realised it was knitted! It's thick stockinette, but I think should probably only be attempted with a knitting machine...

During my knitting break I have done some sewing. I have been buying patterns and fabrics for years and years, and planning to make stuff but never getting round to it. I do make things occasionally, but not as quickly as I buy them! In recent weeks I've made a double-layered skirt - I just need to hem it and then I'll post a pic. Dress-making is fun, and you get quicker results than knitting (I'd've finished the skirt in a day, except I didn't get round to it and then left it for a while), it's just much more awkward to get the machines out, clear a whole table to cut things out on, etc.

And I'm now moved onto strengthening exercises during my chiropractic sessions :)

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Ivy League Christian said...

Hi, I know this is fairly late, but did you end up making this dress? If so, what fabrics/patterns if any did you use?

11:07 pm  
Blogger TheKnittingBee said...

Hi, no, sorry, I never got round to making this. If you check out sites like Craftster though you might find someone who has.

12:11 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home