Friday, August 10, 2007

FO: Faux Faroese Mini Shawl

I shall try to go easy on the photos, but I love my shawl so much!

It's just perfect in every way. The perfect size - one skein is just right. It doesn't look it on the needles, but it really is the perfect length. There's no way it would look as nice with two full skeins as the ruffle would be too low, although someone perhaps with wider shoulders might want to make it a little longer. The ruffle is genius, and the yarn is soooooo squooshily fantastic!

I think this is the most wearable garment I have ever knitted (I do have to admit that apart from Ella, which is adorning the back of a chair, all my other knitted items are on the top shelf in the wardrobe :-/) - maybe because I think this is also the first time I haven't substituted the yarn? Ahem.

In all its glory:



Pattern: Faux Faroese Mini Shawl
Yarn: Scrumptious from Fyberspates, Moss colourway
Needles: US11 Denises
Modifications: None, I don't think. Go me!

One of the many things that I love about this shawl is that I can fasten it at the front like this:



No big knots, no flowing tails, just a neat pin and it's all sorted. It won't slip off, it keeps my shoulders nice and cosy, and makes a really pretty framing effect.

Ideal to try out one of my new brooches:



Another photo from the back - this was is taken while wearing the brooch - the top one was taken while the shawl was just loose around my shoulders (no - there isn't really a difference, I just needed an excuse to post another pic).



I'm going to the theatre in Stratford next week - I hope the weather holds so that I can wear my lovely shawl there!

Now the main question is - how many more shall I make? ;)

Labels:

5 Comments:

Blogger Elly said...

Yay! Looks fab :)

7:28 pm  
Blogger Kat said...

Oh my goodness, that is a fabulous mini shawl!!! You did a great job!

Is ordering the yarn the only way to get the pattern?

2:55 am  
Blogger Taueret said...

it's berry beautiful.

11:37 am  
Blogger Batty said...

OK, the shawl is stunning. It's the right size for everyday wear, not the kind of enormous thing that gets caught in car doors and train doors and such.

8:07 pm  
Blogger TheKnittingBee said...

Thanks!

Kat - I think so at the moment - keep an eye on the Fyberspates' website for any updates.

4:22 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home