Monday, June 04, 2007

FO: Branching Out

Continuing my finished object reports, here's Branching Out!

This was my first lace project, and I'm really pleased with how it worked out. And it taught me the best thing about lace - it groooooooooooooows. This scarf got about 6 inches longer during the blocking process. This was fantastic not only because it meant I got 6 inches worth of scarf for the price of no hand movements, but it also made a slightly too-short scarf just right for a neck warmer.



I had been slightly concerned that the varigated-ness was totally hiding the laciness, and vice versa, but it actually works very well when on (I don't normally wear it quite like this obviously!).



I got this yarn for 1 euro (about 70p!) in the Wolle Rödel store in Hildersheim, Germany (I was at the M'Era Luna festival). They only had the one ball in their sale basket, but how could I resist? I was never quite sure what to make with it, until I saw a girl really working the non-winter-scarf look at a friend's wedding (and it helped that she was amazingly beautiful with wonderful dress sense).




(The book is 'Ancient Greek Love Magic', and the apple just sets everything off).

Pattern: Branching Out
Yarn: Superwash merino from Germany - I'll edit this post with the details when I find the band.
Needles: Erm... let's say I edit this part in too when I find my notes!
Modifications: different yarn, different needles, totally different gauge. I just knitted until I ran out of yarn.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Batty said...

I love M'Era Luna, haven't been in ages. I swear, we need a knitting goth festival gettogether.

The Branching Out is beautiful. The variegated yarn doesn't hide the lace one bit, quite to the contrary. Beautiful work.

7:04 pm  
Blogger TheKnittingBee said...

A group of friends and I are making positive noises about going to the Treffen next year, so fingers crossed! :)

1:49 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home