Friday, March 30, 2007

Facing up to the foot

One reason why when I got tennis elbow it was so bad, was that the warning pains you get when tennis elbow starts feels a lot like bruising. I thought I'd just bumped my arm so I carried on. The next day I was in excruciating pain.

For the past three days I have been in pain when I walk. I need to face up to the fact that I may well have a problem with spinning.

It's weird though. That first time, when I had the pain in my right foot, it was immediate pain, and went away overnight. I last spun at the weekend (about 90 minutes on Saturday evening and less than an hour on Monday, with the wheel on a rug), yet I'm still in pain 5 days later and didn't feel a thing while spinning.

And this is my left foot.

It is possible it's coincidental, but I don't want to take any risks.

(I am also trying to keep myself together about the fact my body is breaking down and I'm not even 26).

What's even more frustrating is that I've been saving up to buy some lovely blends and now feel like I shouldn't buy them because what's the point. But then part of me feels like if I'm going to hurt myself I may as well do it for something worthwhile...

I'll just try and rest as much as possible this week and see how I get on.

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Batty said...

At first, I thought this was one of those incomprehensible ancient Greek proverbs! But no, it's your foot hurting... Listen to your body. Don't spin too much and take breaks. It's not worth it.

12:31 am  
Blogger TheKnittingBee said...

I know - and I don't even have any spinning lined up that I'm desperate to do! I was just having a bitter and twisted day yesterday (and today has been a day of rest)

8:21 pm  
Blogger Unknown said...

I had a similar problem a year ago. It was a matter of ruling out a million things before the doc finally said the only thing he hadn't tried was cortizone shots in the area of pain. To find the right spot he gave me tiny shots of novacain (sp?). When I finally sighed with deep relief (the pain was finally gone after a YEAR!), he shot it full of cortizone. I had one more shot after that (about 3 months later) and have had no problems since. He thinks it was a nerve that got pinched and swollen and couldn't get "unpinched" because it was swollen. Once the swelling went away, it escaped the trap and was fine. Don't give up. You might try spindling in the meantime.

10:28 am  
Blogger TheKnittingBee said...

Thanks for the information Cate - one thing I haven't tried with all my various problems has been cortizone shots. I'm sorry you were in pain for so long, but it's great that you're 'cured' now! :)

11:35 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home