Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Ella and Eve?

I've just had the most manic week ever. Last weekend we had to clear out Mr Bee's parents' loft, thereby adding more crap to our house. Then I had to write a paper for a conference at the weekend. Then it was the conference - which I was also helping to organise, and that lasted from Thursday until Sunday. It's been a few of the most manic days ever! In my old job I organised events, but they were only ever one day, so you had the build-up, then the event, then you could rest. This time I just had to keep going!

And now Mr Bee's work colleagues (and techically mine too since I now help with their user support) are staying for a few days. They all work from home in different cities, so decided to meet up - and our house was deemed most central (ignoring the fact it was also the most filled with unpacked boxes!)

Anyway, here's the progress on my Ella shawl:


As you can see, it's considerably bigger than I thought it would be, plus I have enough yarn left for another 5 rows I reckon. The white thread marks the point at which I had about the same amount left in my first ball of yarn as was in the second (the remains of the capelet) - so I'll be able to do almost the same amount again.

It's not going to be a big shawl, more like a short, pointy scarf, or a shawlette I have to pin on, but since the wool is rather scratchy I'll need to wear it over clothes anyway.

As well as heaps more boxes I have also acquired a lot more novelty yarn. Previously I had one ball of peacock coloured stuff (eyelash?) and one ball of Snowflake stuff, which makes a nice fuzzy fabric (I used it for one of the first things I knit when I restarted knitting; it's a rectangle so I may use it for a washcloth). Now I have loads, as Mr Bee's mum gave me some for a Christmas present and some just because she was having a clear out! And utterly no idea what to do with it.



The Lara Lamb kit things were my gift, and I really don't know if there's anything I can do with them. The colours aren't really me, and the patterns really aren't me! Between the kits is my original peacock ball - I don't know what to do with it, but I like the colours.

The brown ball and pink balls are again Not Me, and the blue is a bit 'meh'. But I do like the purple and gold colourway (top right), and am tempted by Eve, which is pretty much the only novelty yarn pattern I've seen which is actually nice. But when would I get a chance to wear it?!

The hairy black/white/grey stuff is more me colourwise, but I just don't think I'd wear anything made out of it!

So if anyone is tempted by anything (other than the Peacock or purple'n'gold) let me know! Also, if there are any amazing patterns for novelty stuff, do let me know...

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home