Saturday, August 26, 2006

Uh-oh, it's that boring pain thing again

Well, I appear to have jinxed myself. Following the pain update the other day, I ended up with tennis elbow in both arms at the same time. Oh, how I chastised myself for returning that second tennis elbow band!

I don't want to admit it, but I guess weaving could be the cause, since it started after that. Well, I've done nothing arm-related bar typing and writing since the pain started, and now it is shifting somewhat. I don't know if fibre arts really are the cause, but I guess I really do need to try and lay off them until I finish my thesis.

And if weaving and knitting are both going to give me hurty pains, then I choose the knitting! Once I finish my MPhil I'll hopefully be starting a part time PhD. The part time job I get will be a non-typing one, so with any luck I'll be able to limit the amount of typing I do at the start of my PhD, and work on being able to knit.

I just keep stumbling across more and more breathtaking patterns that I must make! After seeing some pictures of the latest Rowan magazine, #40, I popped into House of Fraser today (sadly the LYSes in this town don't do Rowan wool, so I guess they don't do their magazine) to have a look at it. I am totally in love with so many of the patterns! Seriously, we'll be here all day if I list them all, but I especially love Aelf and Sadie, with Rosa, Cobweb and Dew coming in close second.

If I can only knit 25 stitches a day it will take me so long to finish everything BUT I WANT THEM. So if not weaving means I get to do 50 stitches a day, well...

I would like to finish my green woven scarf though - I'll take it very slowly and see how I get on.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Gryphon said...

Part of me wants to say, 'Stop! You have to let this heal and you should just lay off completely until it does!' but the rest knows that I'd be doing exactly the same thing, pretending nothing was wrong and continuing to knit until I did permanent damage. So no lecturing or advice here.

3:43 pm  
Blogger TheKnittingBee said...

Nooooooooooooooooo - if you get pain you must stop, LOL! My plan is to restart sloooooooooooowly at some point after I finish my dissertation (and, erm, after the healing period from typing so much to finish my dissertation :P )

7:21 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home