Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Blimey

I've just finished chapter three. I really didn't expect to have it done by today. You know what that means? Chapter Three Spinning - hoorah! I'm going to spend the season finale of Lost predrafting tonight, but I'm not sure when I'll spin it.

The out-of-date Kool Aid arrived today. It worked out at 12.5p a sachet, which is much better than the 47.5p I paid for the first lot. And the colours aren't dreadful, although nearly half the sachets are 'pineapple'. This is unfortunate, but not a disaster and I figure I can mix that with blue sachets to make green. That works, right? Now I need to order some more fibre!

My wrists are... hot. Elbows aren't too bad (I now wear a padded elbow support all the time because I'm so clumsy and keep knocking my elbows on door knobs/cupboards/walls/door frames, etc, and it was beginning to affect my tendons), but my actual wrists are... hot. Not full on burning bracelets yet, but if I'm not carefull I'll get there :-/

I think I might have tomorrow off. I'm probably seeing my supervisor about feedback re chapters one and two on Thursday, so it makes sense not to start the introduction/conclusion until I've found out how crap the chapters are.

So no typing tomorrow. Not even blogs :-0 And if anyone has any experience of using Dragon Voice Recognition software please let me know!

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Gryphon said...

Congrats on chapter three! You're moving at an impressive pace (nothing like spinning incentives, what?). But hot wrists are bad. Inflammation. No doubt your doctor is telling you, but I've got to add my two cents: put ice on them as much as possible! Inflammatory cytokines eat cartilage, so the longer inflammation is allowed to continuem the more permanent damage is being done, eventually resulting in arthritis. Can you get somebody to type your thesis while you dictate? I'd say bribe them with handspun, but you probably shouldn't be spinning either :(

2:36 pm  
Blogger Batty said...

One of these days, I'm actually going to learn how to spin. It sounds like fun.
Be careful with your wrists, though. My left wrist hurt for almost three weeks, to the point where I could neither type nor pick anything up with my left hand. I have arthritis, but I've discovered that tendons hurt even worse. : (

11:22 pm  
Blogger Taueret said...

email me about the Dragon software if I don;t succeed in emailing you!

6:49 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home